My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Friday, July 13, 2012

Zzzzzzzz....



I've been putting off posting for days, because every time I sit down to type, all I can think about is how tired I am. My brain is functioning at half-capacity, and I can't think straight long enough to write anything worth reading. So... to solve that problem, I've decided to write about how tired I am! Otherwise I may never write again.

A friend came by to bring us dinner last week and mentioned the parenting advice we've all heard, to "sleep when the baby is sleeping". Sound advice, I must say, but only applicable to Baby Number 1! Balancing Audrey's sleep schedule (schedule?! ha.) with that of the boys has proved a little difficult and has left me with  very little sleep. This has been my first full week home with the kids, and let's just say T.G.I.F.

Poor Max and Lucian have gotten the leftovers of Mommy this week; fatigue brings out the worst in me. In case you've noticed me being not-quite-myself lately, blame it on the tired. I can't carry on a conversation to save my life unless I've gotten a full night's sleep. Thankfully, I haven't been without help-- first off, a ton of friends have brought us meals! Shopping and cooking were the first things to go when my energy got zapped, so these meals have literally saved my family from either a lot of take-out, or a lot of really crummy "What's-Left-In-The-Fridge" dinners. Paul thanks you from the bottom of his heart.

People have also tried to help me get more sleep when possible. Paul and Megan have both helped with Lucian in the mornings before they went to work, and my mom came to play with the boys yesterday while I passed out for a good two hours! Bottom line is, with the help of others, I have survived. Thank you to everyone who kept us in one piece this week. Hopefully it will only improve from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment