My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Monday, December 10, 2012

Oh! Snow!

Photobucket


I kind of forgot that Minnesota usually gets a major snow pile dumped on us in December... we missed out on it last year, but this year did not disappoint! Last winter, we were able to scrape together enough snow for one snowman once, and we never even made it sledding or skating because it was just so darn warm. But I think things are looking up this year. We got about a foot of snow this weekend, and Max is spending all of his spare time rediscovering our backyard. He was outside from 7:00 to 9:00 pm last night while Paul and Megan worked on shoveling.  (Poor me, I was stuck inside the dry, warm house with two dry, warm children and in my own dry, warm clothes...) As of yet, the snow hasn't been ideal for snowman making, but Max has taken to carrying a carrot around with him in the backyard in case circumstances suddenly change.

I remember loving the snow as a kid, and I never minded the huge hassle of snowpants, boots, mittens, hats, and jackets. But now, I'd just as soon stay inside and watch from a warm kitchen as Max tromps through waist-deep piles of white. Thankfully, he doesn't mind as long as I'm available to help in an emergency situation. Actually, as I was writing this, I heard a scream from outside. When I went to investigate, I found that he had managed to wedge himself between the deck and the railing. In the summer, he can easily climb through the space, but he just learned the hard way that winter gear adds quite a bit of bulk!

Welcome back to Minnesota, snow! We missed you in our yard last year... but we've got enough to last us awhile. You can take a break now.

1 comment:

  1. I am almost jealous of your snow, but not quite. Not having to scrape windows and snow off the car while pregnant has been such a blessing. We actually tied and will break the record for most days without measureable snow today. 280 days without snow and counting..

    Can't wait to see you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete