My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Kayak King


My turn! I had a great week at the cabin, alternating between kayaking in the lake, digging in the sand, and cuddling with Grandma. I completely attached myself to my "Gram-Cracker" (as I like to call her), and I wouldn't even let Mom help me wash my hands if Grandma was around to do it!

My favorite place in the world: Grandma's lap
I really wanted to be big enough to go into the Boundary Waters with Max; I even told everyone about my trip to the Boundary Waters when I was five. I remember it like it was yesterday... even though it was in my imagination. I helped out the best I could, but I still had to watch from the dock as Max and all the other guys paddled away. 



I sure missed my brother while he was gone, but I had Mom and Grandma and Great-Grandma to keep me busy. I got to take the kayak out by myself a few times, and Grandma and I went exploring together too! We paddled out and "bumped booties" with our kayak; I was so excited to tell Mom, but I don't understand why it made her laugh so hard! By the end of the week I learned that the things we bumped were actually called "buoys", but that's harder to say.

It was a lot of fun ruling the roost for a couple of days, but I was sure glad to see Max when he got back!


Other highlights of the week included: trips to the lodge for ice cream, throwing rocks into the water, and playing at the playground in Ely. But when it came time for us to go home, I was completely ready to sleep in my own bed in my own room. Adventure is fun, but I say there's no place like home.





No comments:

Post a Comment