My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Friday, May 1, 2015

Happy Birthday, Isaac!


Cousin Isaac just turned four! We got to celebrate with him last weekend, and the boys were so excited to spend some time, in Lucian's words, "with my best friends!" The party was at "Pump It Up", a place with bouncy houses and inflatable slides, black lights and glow bracelets... the kids were in party heaven. After completing the perfect day with some delicious cake, Max informed me that "This was the best day of my life!"


Edith and Sammy got to hang out on a blanket together for awhile, taking in the craziness around them. Audrey tried the bouncy house with Dad and backed right out again, quaking with nerves. Minutes later she wanted to try a slide with me, so we climbed a big ladder and slid down together! I think she was horrified, but she stayed brave and held it together. After that, she was content to be pushed around by Grandpa in a toy car, her feet safely on the ground. I only saw flashes of Max and Lucian as they ran past, chasing their cousins and climbing out of sight. Eventually they settled at the air hockey table, which brought back vivid memories of my own childhood.


They really have kid parties down to an art at this place. Everyone was shepherded through without a hitch, and the birthday boys (Isaac's cousin Linnaeus was celebrating as well) were rewarded with blow-up crowns, glowing light sticks, and an inflatable throne in which to open presents. But if this party taught me one thing, it's that we don't spend nearly enough time with our cousins! The boys were ecstatic to be able to spend some quality time with Alexander and Isaac. Let's make it happen more often!


No comments:

Post a Comment