My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New Beginnings

This Labor Day was a little different than any before it: we were celebrating the start of the SCHOOL YEAR! We made the decision to home-school Max for preschool, and our first day of teaching was today. To mark the new beginning, we turned Labor Day into a big back-to-school bash! From the moment they woke up until the moment they went to bed, we were in full fiesta mode. We started with waffles for breakfast, new school supplies, and school pictures. (I got the crown idea here, it made the kids feel pretty special!) 




After breakfast and pictures, we went down to Grandma and Grandpa's for lunch and a swim. Max got some new goggles and really enjoyed the whole new underwater world that they revealed to him. The kids' great-grandparents were there to celebrate with us and dine on my mom's delicious pulled-turkey sandwiches... and to finally catch Audrey smiling! Every day the smiles are coming more and more easily- I love it.




After swimming, we took a trip to Old Chicago with Megan, Grandma and Grandpa for some delicious pizza. We got each of the boys a book as a gift to start off the school year, and I'm hoping to make it a yearly tradition. We were seated outside on the patio, so when the boys were done eating, they were free to roam while we relaxed and conversed.

 
 

For now, I will just say that our first day of school was a resounding success, and I think we kicked it off in style!

2 comments:

  1. great job !!!!! love the crowns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see pictures of these adorable children, I wonder "How is it possible that they got bigger and cuter. Didn't I just see them?" I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete