My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Friday, May 3, 2013

Saying Adios to Megan


Dear Megan,

I would say it's been quiet around here without you... but that's not the case at all! It seems that having one less adult around the house has amped up the volume and the craziness. Our first Sunday Mass without you was an hour of acrobatics, and believe it or not I think it was Lucian that had the toughest time that first day. No matter how many times he yelled "NO, Auntie!" at you, he always loved you so much. He just had a passive-aggressive way of showing it. (Now where on Earth did he get that??)

It is so hard to believe that you moved in before Audrey was born, and that this has been her longest stretch without you! You were there at the hospital when she came into the world, the very first family member to meet her. You guys became the best of buds, especially every day from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. If you could be a fly on the wall, you'd see that my kitchen is one big disaster since you left because Paul and I got so used to you swooping in to hold a baby while we cleaned up after dinner.

I don't know if I ever told you this while you were here, but I'm so thankful that my mood swings during the last few weeks of pregnancy and the first few months of Audrey's life didn't affect your opinion of me too much! You got to see me cry, lose my temper, and (my personal favorite) sit in stony silence when I got upset about something trivial. It was probably hard for you to live with a couple of introverts, but it was amazing for us to have someone full of life and energy to jump in when we needed a break from our Energizer Bunny children.

Life is going to be different without you here. We will survive- we're starting to get into a routine with just the five of us- but I still expect to see your car parked outside when I glance out the window. I still assume the boys are waking you up when they stomp around the living room at 7 am. I miss the constant supply of heavy whipping cream in the fridge, because I never think to buy it! But most of all, I miss seeing you spending time with the kiddos... they so adore you.

We miss you, Megs. It was a great year, but you have greater things yet to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment