My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Thursday, June 27, 2013

On Golden Pond

Over Fathers Day weekend, we went with my parents to visit my grandparents in Marshall. It was a fabulous weekend, and we packed in a full vacation's worth of activities in just two days. My grandparents own some land that has, until now, been known as The Pit. I've written about it before, but it is a little paradise that boasts two beautiful ponds that are chock full of fish. We decided to re-christen the spot Golden Pond, because a name like The Pit just didn't do it justice.


 
The day before our arrival, my grandpa finished building the road to the pond, built and painted a little deck with a shade umbrella for the ladies and babies. What a spot! I felt like I was on the set of a Target photo shoot! Check out these ladies:



All the dads got in their fair share of fishing, as did the boys. There isn't a single small fish in the whole pond, so every catch was enormous and exciting! Max and Lucian each got to reel in a couple, with the help of Grandpa and Dad. Audrey was kept happy with a fistful of snacks and a cooler at her disposal, and I spent the majority of the day in the shade watching the boys bounce from the dock to the sandpile and back.






The next day, the kids were in for another treat! Grandpa brought everyone out to his shop to ride a real live loader! Max got to try this a couple years ago, but for Lucian it was a first. He spent the entire ride saying "This is fun! This is fun! This is fun!" 




 


This trip was one that the boys will not soon forget, and neither will I. Happy Fathers' Day to all of the wonderful fathers, grandfathers, and great-grandfathers in my life! It was a joy to spend this Fathers' Day with three generations of fathers.


No comments:

Post a Comment