My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Shoosh


Little Miss Audrey has learned a new word, and it's not something useful or very important. Not "I love you" or "Yes please" or "Thank you". No, her newest word (and her newest obsession) is "Shoes". She pronounces it as a breathy sigh, "Shoosh..." 

It started when I got her a new pair of sparkly sandals. She has been walking for almost a week now (YAY!) and she needed some shoes that actually fit her. The ones in these photos are three sizes too small. We found some glittery pink sandals in her size and snagged them. She wanted to wear them out of the store, and she has pretty much carried or worn them (even slept with them!) every day since then. My boys at 13 months couldn't have cared less about what was on their feet! Sure, they liked to try on grown-up shoes for the fun of it, but the joy was always in the thrill of being in costume, not the object itself. For my dear little girl, it is all about the SHOE. 

I don't want to call it too soon, but I fear that this does not bode well for her teen years. Do I have a future shoe-hound on my hands? Sheesh...




1 comment:

  1. I think I have seen her mothers pile of shoes--
    can't imagine where she got it :) :) Although I can't say I have ever seen you in pink ones

    ReplyDelete