My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Monday, December 22, 2014

My Prayer Today


Up until last week, I was feeling good about our Advent preparations. We have the luxury of staying home most days, so we can shield ourselves from much of the hustle and bustle and focus on preparing our hearts. But then we began our travel preparations and busy family gatherings, and my heart started to wander away from where it should be going into the last week of Advent... so tonight I am taking a break from packing and cleaning to breathe and pray.


I pray that this Christmas season will bring my children even closer together. I pray that they recognize the importance of relationship and community, starting with the tiny community of our family and expanding to the community of humankind.


I pray that their personalities will continue to develop as unique individuals, and that nothing in this world makes them second-guess the desires of their hearts. I pray that God will give them strength and courage to walk a path that no one has walked before, to live radically and joyfully for Him.


I pray that they will rest easy all the days of their lives, knowing that they are loved more than they can ever comprehend. 

 

I pray that they will always recognize Christ in their lives, even if he comes in unexpected, unbelievable ways... like a tiny child in a dirty stable. 

And I pray all of these things for you, too.

Merry Christmas, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment