My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Snowbirds


My mom has never been a fan of winter. I think the only thing keeping her in Minnesota is her grandkids, so what more perfect way to spend a month in January than to bring her grandkids with her to the warmth of Florida? We were happy to oblige, and the kids got the double joy of a beach vacation and a week with Grandma and Grandpa! Every morning, the kids tiptoed out of their room and straight into bed with Grandma and Grandpa. Every night, they chose a story told by Grandpa over their usual song sung by Mommy. And in between, every day was an adventure!

Just as it should be with grandparents, the kids were treated to way more sweets than usual. On one day they got donuts, candy, and pie. On another day, ice cream and birthday cake. Just about every day there was at least one of the above. I guess I should admit that I partook in every treat that they did, so I'm not complaining!

When the time came for us to leave, my parents were staying for another week and a visit from Tony and Catherine and the cousins. In the airport Max got a little teary-eyed as he said goodbye. It gave me a flash of what life would be like if my parents actually lived far away, and I was instantly thankful that our goodbye was only for a few short days.

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a wonderful time! We enjoyed every minute of it.









No comments:

Post a Comment