My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Monday, September 25, 2017

Wedding Bells


We have a new auntie in the family!! The first time I met Anne was at 11:00 at night after a seven hour car ride, when she and Patrick stopped at our house so Peej could finish a paper that was due before midnight, on their way to Chicago. She was sweet, funny, and laid-back, and I told everyone right away that if my impression of her was that good under those circumstances, she was sure something special!

Thank goodness those two hung on to each other, because now she's a part of the family! We celebrated Patrick and Anne's wedding in Chicago at the end of August. What a blast! Anne's family is delightful, I only wish they lived closer so we could get to know them better. 

We stayed at the same hotel with all of Paul's family, plus some other close friends. Max and Lucian even got to hang out and play some pool with the Fathers, which they thought was the coolest thing ever. We spent lots of quality time with cousins, aunties, uncles, Grandma and Grandpa between all of the wedding festivities. I wish we could do it all over again right away!

Audrey was excited and honored to be a flower girl in the wedding! After seeing her new auntie in all her wedding finery, she is now convinced that Anne is some kind of princess. To top it off, she got to watch Anne do Irish dancing at the reception in her wedding dress! Audrey thought she'd died and gone to heaven. Combine her love of dance with her love of all things fancy, and Anne is currently her favorite person in the world. 

The wedding itself was held in a beautiful Chicago church, and while I can't speak firsthand about most of the ceremony (I spend 90% of it chasing Blaise in the back), what I saw was prayerful and beautiful! The wedding was undoubtedly Christ-centered; I watched the couple humbly kneel before the altar for the entire Mass. Wow.

 The reception was held outdoors at a small zoo in the Chicago area. A few sprinkles at the beginning of the evening made people a little nervous, but then everything cleared up and the night was perfect! A low-key buffet dinner was followed by delicious cake and dancing. About halfway through the reception, my parents (who took a train down to Chicago for this purpose alone!) came to pick up the kids so Paul and I could have a few hours of carefree celebrating. 

Patrick and Anne, we are so excited for you. I can't wait to have a front row seat watch you grow in love over the years, and to hopefully watch your family grow as well! We love you both!!



  
 The mothers of the bride and groom                          Waiting for the newlyweds to appear
Liam and Audrey doing some Irish dancing


All the girl cousins!





No comments:

Post a Comment