My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hope on the Web



My friend John approached me recently to see if I would like to write for his new blog, Man Fully Alive. The title is taken from a quote by St. Irenaeus of Lyons, "The glory of God is man fully alive." In a time when we are surrounded by division, despair and pessimism, the mission of this site is "to seek out signs of hope in human life and share them with the world". Too much of what we find on the internet drags us down, so John's goal is to have a place that people can go for a breath of fresh air. We write about things that give us hope- both in the Church and in the culture at large. Because, believe it or not, there is a lot to be hopeful about!

So if, in all of your plentiful spare time, you'd like to read more of what I have to say, check out the Man Fully Alive website. I write every Wednesday, and John posts several times each week. He actually knows what's going on in the world, while I mainly ramble about what's going on in my head, but I'd say there's something there for everyone. So check it out! Follow us! Be hopeful!

Good St. Irenaeus

No comments:

Post a Comment