My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Our Dear Pope Francis

He stole my heart from the first moment I heard his voice! I cannot wait to get to know this humble, holy man.


Both of the previous two popes have touched my life in a different way, and I think the same can be said of their impact on the world. They were called into service by God to be what the Church needed them to be. And now it looks like the Church needs a champion for the poor, a true "shoe leather evangelist" who is, at the same time, steadfast in orthodoxy.

Pope Francis bows his head and asks for our prayers
We were invited to an impromptu "Pope Party" last night, complete with Italian pizza and Argentinian wine, to celebrate this new chapter in Church history. I cannot think of a better way to have spent the evening, surrounded by my family and close friends... and our combined 18 children (plus 2 on the way). It was a night filled to the brim with joy, because how can this be anything other than a joyful occasion? We have a new Papa! 


1 comment: