My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Friday, January 17, 2014

Merry, Merry


So I didn't make my goal of posting about Christmas before the Christmas season was over. I tried... well, I kind of tried. Just seems like all I want to do lately after the kids go to bed is curl up on the couch and watch a movie (read: fall asleep). But if I want to have any memories of this holiday, I'd better get it in print now or it will be long gone!

We stayed in-state for Christmas this year, and it was exactly what this expecting momma needed. We took the kids to the early Christmas Eve Mass with my parents and then had them over for clam chowder- an unbroken yearly tradition in this family! (side note: when I initially told my brother I might be making the chowder instead of our mother, he had such a strong negative reaction that I handed the reins directly back to her! To think, his sister might be put in charge of such an important tradition?? Just wait, Ben, one of these years...) 

Christmas morning, our children slept in until almost 8:00! What?! Who does that? We actually had Audrey wake up Max eventually because we wanted to start the morning. We opened presents after breakfast, relaxed for awhile in a pile of wrapping paper and boxes, and then we prepared to head to my parents' house for the rest of the day. The rest of the family beat us there, and we sat down to a delicious Christmas meal shortly after we arrived. Then, of course, more presents! 

Later in the evening, we celebrated Max's birthday with even more presents- we went with an art supply theme, and he came away with a load of great new stuff for his art projects! (Thanks to family members that added to the collection from afar- Monica and Maureen!) My mom made a delicious fruit and cream dessert and stuck some candles in so we could sing to the birthday boy... and his brother got right in there to help him. We stayed at my parents' house until bedtime, then the kids all snuggled into brand new jammies for the drive home.

It was a perfect day, and I am so thankful that my whole family was able to celebrate together. Merry Christmas!




All the grandkids!
Uncle Ben and Audrey on the keys
Admiring the Christmas tree

No comments:

Post a Comment