My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Friday, January 3, 2014

Thankful for a Houseful

Yes I am aware that it's January and I'm just now posting about Thanksgiving, but I say better late than never, right? I mean, if nothing else, I had to post this picture of the delicious turkey that Paul made:


Jealous much? You should be. But actually, however wonderful the turkey was, it was nothing compared to the company we had for Thanksgiving. Grandma and Grandpa and Liam drove up from Rapid City, and Uncle Patrick came down from college to hang out with us for the long weekend, and we had a great time! The weather was brisk, but we still managed to get outside a few times. The whole crew (minus napping Audrey and a very tired me) took a hike in Crosby Farm Park so the boys could show off their new stomping grounds.  We also spent an afternoon outside in the backyard with a bonfire, playing soccer and roasting marshmallows.

Thanksgiving itself was relaxing and fun. I do love traveling to see family, and our kids are pretty darn good at road trips, but sometimes it is nice to celebrate a holiday in the comfort of home. Having family come to us was the best of both worlds! And I think we passed muster on the meal itself: Paul's fabulous turkey, green beans with carmelized onion, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and of course Maureen brought an offering of her delicious cranberry sauce and PIE. Yum, yum, yum!

And then- this is how amazing my mother-in-law is- I didn't have to cook another meal the rest of the weekend! She brought frozen casseroles for us to eat for dinner so that I could spend my time with people instead of in the kitchen. She really thinks of everything.

As always, the weekend was over too soon. We miss everyone and look forward to the next visit!

Lucian and Uncle Liam having major snuggle time
Dream come true for my boys: storytime with BOTH grandmas!




Grandpa and Audrey, best buds!


2 comments:

  1. Wish we could have been there! It looks like so much fun! And I love the fire pit addition! And I must say, we have the cutest niece and nephews ever. That pic of grandpa with Audrey is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a super time--I miss you guys :)

    ReplyDelete