My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Celebration of New Life


Our trip to Rapid City included a beautiful baby shower for Monica, who is due in just a couple of weeks!  We are so thrilled and excited to be welcoming another member into the family, and our kids are well ready to meet their first Yantes cousin. All of the wonderful women of the Rapid City Catholic community came together to celebrate with Monica, to shower her with gifts and to pray for her upcoming delivery and the exciting journey she's about to begin. 

Monica, I am so blessed to have you in my life. Calling you my sister-in-law has never felt quite right- there seem to be some negative connotations involved with the term "in-law". So instead, I prefer to think of you, Kelley, and Megan as my sisters. And dear sister, I am thrilled beyond words that I will soon be sharing with you something that is so central to my life and identity: motherhood. It is a role you have always seen yourself in, and I am so thankful that God has blessed you and Glenn with this great gift. I hope to share the joyful moments with you as well as the difficult ones, the excitement and the tedium. I want you to call me when you are bursting with pride and when you are about to pull your hair out. Life is about to change forever, and change is not always be easy, but oh Monica, you radiate a grace and poise that I wish I had myself! You will be amazing.

You are a beautiful woman in every way. I know that you will be a beautiful mother; you were specially chosen by God for the tiny child you are soon to meet. Blessings on you and your growing family!





2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Taryn! Monica, Kelly and Meghan should be thrilled to have you as a sister as well! You all deserve one another:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Taryn! This is lovely! I am thrilled beyond words to have you as my sister, and so excited have a sister to ask all sorts of mommy questions and steal homeschooling ideas from! Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete