My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Saturday, February 1, 2014

F-O-U-R


Last Friday was Lucian's big day. He's been waiting with baited breath for his turn to "open LOTS of presents and eat cake." We started off with a date, just me and him, to Caribou Coffee and the library. Then we met up with Grandma for a cupcake before lunch! Later, in lieu of the usual audiobooks or music for rest time, the boys got to watch a movie... unheard of around these parts, and the cause for much celebration.

Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Ben came over for dinner and presents. Talk about gourmet: Kraft mac 'n' cheese, hot dogs and cooked carrots. When Grandpa asked him if he picked the menu, he clarified, "I didn't say anything about carrots." 

The presents were opened after dinner, including (but not limited to) a total of three new board games! Thanks to some willing family members, the kids got to sample all three games that night before bed. Thanks to good luck on our parts, all of the games turned out to be relatively short and painless... and dare I say, a little bit fun? Now, I love me a good board game... but I've about had it up to here with Lucian's all-time favorite, Candyland. These new additions are a welcome change to our game closet: Zingo, Sequence for Kids, and the Sneaky Snacky Squirrel game.

Lucian, for the past year you've been telling me all about the things you'll do "when you turn four". To my relief in some cases, and amazement in others, you reached many of your goals before your birthday: including potty training, giving up your paci, spelling and writing your name. In your mind, age four is a major milestone, making you suddenly a big boy. So I can't wait to see what new goals you set for yourself. What's in store for you this year? I think it's going to be a big one.




No comments:

Post a Comment