My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Partyin' Dinosaur Train Style

December and January were a crazy mess around here, so we had to look into February to find a time to celebrate the boys' birthdays with their friends. Max requested a dinosaur theme, while Lucian wanted trains. I decided to ask if they minded celebrating together, and I was a little surprised when they jumped at the chance. "We can have a Dinosaur Train party!" was the instant response. Well that makes it easy.

On Sunday, a pile of friends and cousins showed up to play games and eat treats with us. Everyone seemed to have a great time, and I know I had a lot of fun! I really am a kid at heart; planning party games is one of the highlights of my year. This year, the kids colored train tickets and took a ride on the Dinosaur Train through the Mesozoic Era, hunting for T-Rex bones. The train stopped at each period (Jurassic, Triassic, Cretaceous. Right? Whatever.) and the kids all had to complete an activity to earn bones. At the end, the amateur paleontologists put them together to form a whole skeleton!

I don't know about everyone else, but my kids were amped up on sugar the rest of the day. I guess the Prehistoric Punch packed a punch! But it was worth it, and the boys were so glad to spend the day with many of their friends.

Gonna riiiide... the dinosaur train!
Who knew sitting in chairs could be so exciting?
Don't let the dino egg touch the ground!

And the skeleton is complete
Ten candles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment