My Beamish Brood

My Beamish Brood

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Lake Cabin Living

Kelley and Tim were able to take some time off from work, and Tim's generous friends let us use their lake cabin for a long weekend, so we decided to add a few more miles to our trip and head up to Maine! We stopped along the way for dinner, and Paul and I got to fulfill our goal of eating a whole lobster in Maine. It just seemed like an important thing to do. Let me tell you- it's not easy to eat a whole lobster! Maybe I'm not the most coordinated person, but it was hard work! Totally worth it though.

The area of Maine that we visited reminded me a lot of Northern Minnesota, with the addition of beautiful mountain scenery. It was wonderful and relaxing. The cabin was perfect with a screened back porch, a wood burning stove, a loft and several bedrooms. As was the case for much of our trip, we were threatened by rain almost every morning, but other than a few scattered showers the days all ended up gorgeous and sunny! The lake was freezing cold- it was May after all- but that didn't stop the boys from taking a dip. They also went canoeing, hiking, and fishing; what more could a couple of kids ask for? My only regret is that I didn't pack a single pair of shorts for the boys, I was expecting cold weather and rain for the whole trip! 

The two expectant mommies mostly got to relax on the dock in camp chairs while the men adventured with the kids, but we were right there for both hikes! Even thinking about those hikes now makes me break out into a sweat, but thankfully we timed the trip so that I was still able to walk more than 30 feet without feeling like falling over. 

We drove back to Kelley and Tim's on Sunday afternoon, and we got to continue the leisurely pace of our vacation while our hosts sadly had to go back to work. But thankfully we still had evenings to spend together... and our much-anticipated trip to downtown Boston to look forward to. Coming up next!










No comments:

Post a Comment